help-rcs

GNU RCS co *,v problem

From: Dick
Subject: GNU RCS co *,v problem
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 13:08:07 -0600

I am using GNU RCS for Win32 v 5.7 on Windows XP/SP1.

RCS seems to be working ok when I check out a single file (not locked) as shown below.
>co toc.html
RCS/toc.html  -->  toc.html
revision 1.2
done
However, when I try to check out all the latest versions, using the command shown below, right out of the documentation, I get the following error, as shown.
>co *,v
co: RCS/*,v: Invalid argument
What is your best guess about the cause of the problem and solution?  Is this a known problem?

Thanks for your help.

  Dick M