help-rcs

RE: Ident lockup

From: Aaron Manning
Subject: RE: Ident lockup
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 14:34:47 -0400

Sorry about that Aaron, I think my terminology is incorrect ;) Been working
in Linux for past few months, so been used to the RCS file being a link as
opposed to the windows file with a directory located in it.

Our revision controlled source files are residing on a server on a local
LAN.
>From there we check in/out files to our local machine. Since co/ci/rlog
etc... commands need to know where to search for the revision controlled
files, we created "RCS" text files which have the directory location in them
to where the code is stored on the LAN (our repository).

I attached an example of my "so called LINK file".

If you just copy this file (or even create a totally blank file called RCS
<no extension>) and run Ident RCS & Ident rcs (for the PC running DOS/WIN
version) you'll see my issue on the "Ident RCS" command.

Again, sorry for the confusion.
AaronM