help-rcs

Re: Changing RCS Directory

From: Aaron S. Hawley
Subject: Re: Changing RCS Directory
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 14:24:59 -0500 (EST)

Are you aware you can specify for some RCS commands both your working file
(the file you wish to check-in or have checked-out to)  and the RCS file
(the RCS file you want to check-in to, or check-out out from) that you'd
like to commit it to?

example:

ci file.c /repository/project/src/fun/RCS/file.c

so you could use a wrapper shell script to get your desired functionality.

hope this helps,
/a

--
GNU Press - Free (non-gratis) books from the Free Software Foundation
http://www.gnupress.org/