help-rcs

Re: RCS Enhancement - deleted file handling

From: Aaron S. Hawley
Subject: Re: RCS Enhancement - deleted file handling
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 17:20:41 -0400 (EDT)

I never knew about this feature in CVS.  I thought you simply used `cvs
remove'.  It's worth adopting in my RCS work.

Concerning your proposal, what is wrong with simply specifying the "dead"
state by doing:

  co -r -sexp RCS/*

or:

  co -r -srel RCS/*

If you're working on a release.

RCS doesn't check-out the files having a "dead" state in either case.

I'd prefer definining an alias or writing a wrapper shell script that
explicity specifies the state to get the behavior rather patching my RCS
install.

If you want your patch to get far, you may want to use context (-c) or
unified (-u) format.

/a