help-rcs

Re: RCS on Windows - PowerPoint file

From: Mike Maxwell
Subject: Re: RCS on Windows - PowerPoint file
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 22:35:49 -0500

Sue Schroeder wrote:
I tried the "rcs -kb" and that didn't help (problem still occurs).
I really do want to get this working on the PowerPoint file, so don't really want to do any conversions to another program/format.

I don't have the answer to your question, but: I have used Component Software's CS-RCS (http://www.componentsoftware.com/) to store Microsoft Word documents without problem (but I've never tried it for PowerPoint). If I am not mistaken, CS-RCS uses Gnu RCS internally. It's freely downloadable, so you might try it and see if it works on PowerPoint docs. I will say that it has a nice front end.

   Mike Maxwell
   CASL/ U MD