help-rcs

RCS locks report

From: Humphrey Chuck 403
Subject: RCS locks report
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 09:02:22 -0600

We recently converted from using SCCS to RCS for source control.

Since SCCS creates a p.filename when a file is locked, we were able to easily identify all files which were currently locked and by who by using a Unix find command from the SCCS root directory such as "ll `find . -name p.*`"

Under RCS this is not possible because the lock status is internal to the revision file.  Is there a script available that can do something similar?

Thanks,
Chuck Humphrey
Oracle DBA