help-rcs

How to remove an RCS entry?

From: Gau, Terry
Subject: How to remove an RCS entry?
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 14:23:25 -0700

Hi,
How do I back out an RCS entry without touching the source file.  Incorrect log information was entered and needs to be replaced.  Once the bad entry is removed, ci will be run again to process the source file.  I need to re-use the file revision number.

RCS version 5.7 on Solaris 8

The checkin syntax used is.....
ci -d -l -M filename.

The RCS files are written to ~/sourcedirectory/RCS

Thanks!

Terry

may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use,
of the original message.