help-rcs

Re: cygwin RCS vs windows RCS

From: Aaron S. Hawley
Subject: Re: cygwin RCS vs windows RCS
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 01:03:55 -0400

You should get free software servers, instead.  There are a lot of pros to them.

Moving on... Cygwin's version of RCS is better because it is better
maintained than the old builds at Purdue.  The Cygwin environment will
also set up RCS correctly for you.  If there needs to be a fix to RCS,
Cygwin will make an upgrade available to you.

If you want commercial support for Cygwin, Red Hat can probably provide it.

http://www.redhat.com/services/custom/cygwin/support/

Why do you use RCS on your servers?  How do people interact with RCS
on the servers?  They don't connect to the server and run commands
from the shell, do they?

/a

--
In general, we reserve the right to have a poor
memory--the computer, however, is supposed to