help-recutils

Re: [help-recutils] recutils 1.2 released

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: [help-recutils] recutils 1.2 released
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 14:16:35 +0100

Hi David.

    I have a feature idea, as a result of my planned usage of recutils
    within an html templating system;

    and external(?) script to generate data forms.

    recform ~/dir/foo.rec >foo.htm

    might generate an html form based on foo,rec creating fields for each
    record, options for enumerated types and following all indicated
    constraints. the submit buttons at the bottom should be for [search]
    or [add]

Cool :) You could ever have cgis running recins etc to operate on the
recfiles.

    I'll end up hand-crafting these dialogs, but it occurs to me that a
    script could "do the right thing" for any data set, and the resulting
    html could be used anywhere.

I will be glad to include the script in the recutils distribution.

--
Jose E. Marchesi    address@hidden
GNU Project         http://www.gnu.org