help-recutils

Re: [help-recutils] Recutils usage examples and performance questions

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: [help-recutils] Recutils usage examples and performance questions
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 01:21:50 +0200

    The only feature suggestion I have is perhaps a *simple* GUI frontend
    that provides all the features of the CLI tools, and perhaps visual
    editing of records ala Kexi or (dare I say) Micro$oft Access. An
    advanced idea might be the creation of custom and savable forms and
    queries like those bigger GUI packages. A GUI is helpful because one
    could have records that include, for example, images. The way that
    might work is for the value for a field to be the URL or path to the
    image (or anything else, really), and for the GUI to show the image
    inline.

The GUI I use for recutils is rec-mode for Emacs, to which I plan to add
support for forms.

    It is wonderful that Python bindings have been developed, do you know
    roughly when they might be integrated?

That has been in my TODO list for a loooong way, so maybe it is time for
me to move my ass :)