help-recutils

[help-recutils] How can I assign a value returned from a SQL Aggregate F

From: Héctor A . Abreu
Subject: [help-recutils] How can I assign a value returned from a SQL Aggregate Function to a variable?
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 15:04:01 -0500

Hi there,

If a have a line like this in a bash script:

recsel -p "Count(Category):NumCategories" items.rec

How can I get the value of Count(Category) or NumCategories and assign it to a
variable? The example in the manual includes the -p option, but I need to
assign it to a variable and not just to print it on a screen. I tried by
removing the -p option and assigning Count(Category) to a variable, no success.
I also tried to assign NumCategories, same result. I even tried to assign the
whole recsel instruction with is Count(Category) to a variable, but I guess I
am missing something.

Please help. Thank you in advance for any hint or help.

Regards,
--
Héctor A. Abreu