help-serveez

Re: [help-serveez] tcp: recv: no data on socket ..

From: Raimund 'Raimi' Jacob
Subject: Re: [help-serveez] tcp: recv: no data on socket ..
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 00:10:06 +0100 (CET)

On 3 Dec 2002, Andreas Rottmann wrote:

greetings!

> I always get this errors on the server when testing my client/server
> combination - the socket then is closed. Any hints what causes this
> and how i can get rid of it?

as the comment says (libserveez/tcp-socket.c):
/* The socket was `select()'ed but there is no data. */

for some reason the select/pool-loop found a filedescriptor being marked
as readable. then when recv() was called zero bytes were delivered into
the buffer.

in this situation the fd is considered to have died and the socket is
eventually closed.

the reason might be that the remote end of that filedescriptor has closed
the connection.

i cannot rememeber having seen this message in a strange situation.

Bye,
    Raimi

--