help-serveez

[help-serveez] Re: serveez

From: stefan
Subject: [help-serveez] Re: serveez
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 14:04:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 5 May 2004 address@hidden wrote:

> Hi,

Hello!

> I am trying to use tcp-over-icmp tunneling with serveez. I read
> documentation and i did not understand, how to build a tunnel
> between two computers. I dont know how to tell serveez (what
> directive in serveez.cfg to use) to connect to remote computer.
> There is sample .cfg, but there are just 127.0.0.1 addresses. Can
> you, please, send me example serveez.cfg file, how to create
> tcp-over-icmp tunnel between computer 192.168.1.1 and
> 192.168.1.2.

Sorry for the long delay...

In the attachment you find a setup forming a tunnel between the
192.168.1.1 machine (here called client) and the 192.168.1.2 machine
(here called server).

On client you start:

  $ serveez -f tunnel-client.cfg

Then you can use `telnet' to connect to local TCP port 1025:

  $ telnet localhost 1025

Any data will be send to the server machine using ICMP (using type 8).

On the server you start:

  $ serveez -f tunnel-server.cfg

This will accept any ICMP data and will forward it to the local telnet
port 23 an this machine.

Thus telnetting on client machine port 1025 gives you the telnet daemon on
the remote machine using a ICMP communication.

Is it this what you were asking for?

Cheers,
        address@hidden