Re: Debian shishi package bug

From: Russ Allbery
Subject: Re: Debian shishi package bug
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 08:54:48 -0700

Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> writes:

> The --background parameter to start-stop-daemon appear to work, and seem
> to be the fastest way to solve this problem, so I propose to do it that
> way.  Do you see any problem with this?  I've asked the original
> reported to test it.

It's fine as a short-term solution; the problem with it in the longer term
is described in the start-stop-daemon man page.  (It means that the init
script can't detect errors in startup.)

> Hopefully, shishid in 0.0.24 will support a --nofork parameter, and I
> can change the default to fork into the background.

> I am sorry for the slow response to this, I have been on vacation.

No problem.  I had missed it entirely for a while because I forgot to
subscribe to the PTS for the package.  I've fixed that now.

--
Russ Allbery (address@hidden)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>