Re: "shishi user SERVICE" borked?

From: Elrond
Subject: Re: "shishi user SERVICE" borked?
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 11:15:35 +0200

On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 11:04:16AM +0200, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> Looks like I'm still here today...

;)

Hope you didn't miss your train or whatever made you still
being here.

> Elrond <address@hidden> writes:
[...]
> > (heimdal has preauth disabled again.)

preauth _might_ not really be the problem.

> > What am I doing wrong there?
>
> I was able to reproduce this error for a while, and after fixing a
> couple of things (see below), it doesn't seem to happen.  So it may
> have been fixed.  If it hasn't, I need more -v -v -v -v output.
>
> Try new 0.0.24 packages: http://josefsson.org/shishi/debian/0.0.24/

downloading now.

> The bug was that Heimdal's ETYPE-INFO messages are corrupt, from
> dumpasn1:

Note that the above happen(s|ed) with w2k3-kdc too.

> address@hidden:~/src/shishi/lib$ dumpasn1 i

Where do I get dumpasn1?

And what is "i"?

[...]
>    ETYPE-INFO              ::= SEQUENCE OF ETYPE-INFO-ENTRY
>
>    ETYPE-INFO-ENTRY        ::= SEQUENCE {
>            etype           [0] Int32,
>            salt            [1] OCTET STRING OPTIONAL
>    }
[...]

I have seen that with ethereal from the w2k3 box... but no
third entry there, at least I don't remember it.

    Elrond