Re: New Debian bugs

From: Elrond
Subject: Re: New Debian bugs
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 12:38:08 +0200

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 11:00:17AM +0200, Simon Josefsson wrote:
[...]
> > Interestingly enough, they did not yet arrive *here* on
> > the list.
>
> Hi Elrond!
>
> They were stuck in the moderators queue.
>
> Unfortunately, I don't know how to whitelist Debian bugs in mailman --
> they are sent from the reporter's e-mail address, and that's the
> address that mailman suggest to add to the whitelist.  I've added your
> bug reports address to the whitelist, but I'm not sure it makes sense
> to add others...

I don't know off my head the envelope-sender of debian
bugs, but it's something on the lines of
"debbugs (at) bugs.debian.org".
I don't know, if gnu.org's mailman looks at
envelope-sender.

[...]
> Alternatively, we could disable 'make check'.

Bad idea,

we would ask for random bug reports here and there.
rc4-hmac is already troublesome enough. ;)

If we have a testsuite, we should use it, really.
(I can't convince myself to invest the time to write one
for tng.)

    Elrond