Re: installation configure script says "Cannot find libgcrypt"

From: Mats Erik Andersson
Subject: Re: installation configure script says "Cannot find libgcrypt"
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 18:31:52 +0200

Fedag den 11 september 2015, klockan 22:57, skrev Test User detta:

> The constant GCRY_MODULE_ID_USER was *removed* in version 1.6, so
> the test fais in newer versions. You have to modify the test so
> that it will pass. I changed my test to:
> #if !defined GCRY_MODULE_ID_USER && (GCRYPT_VERSION_NUMBER < 0x010404)
>
> I don't know why they did not use GCRYPT_VERSION_NUMBER in the first
> place. Perhaps that constant did not exist at that time.

It was added in version 1.6.0, so it is useless for detection uses!

In fact, the file 'm4/gc.m4' is copied from 'gl/m4/gc.m4', maintained
by Gnulib. I have just helped in updating that file for upstream, and
have also pushed the same change into our development tree. Thus Git
HEAD is now buildable with libgcrypt-1.6.3, as is present in Debian.

Building shishi-1.0.2 just needs the same update of 'gl/m4/gc.m4'
and a corresponding autoreconf consolidation.

Best regards,
  M E A