help-smalltalk

Re: [Help-smalltalk] st> prompt does not show up

From: Bonzini Paolo
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] st> prompt does not show up
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 10:23:26 +0100 (MET)

> I'm not really much of a coder since I am in sys-administration
> but I tried adding the fflush myself and after a few failed attempts I
> thought I should leave it up to you! :)

You should add it after the second occurrence of "st>" in input.c :-)

1.95.11 has been delayed so that I get the authorization to distribute the
XML library under the GPL or LGPL.

>          I was not using readline but I did try building
> with  --without-readline and it made no difference.

Yes, --without-readline is to omit it even if it is present.

>          I also tried it after compiling and installing the latest version
> of readline but that also made no difference.

Probably the configure script cached the previous miss.

>          I also tried GNU SmallTalk verion 1.95.9 and no difference.

The bug is there since 1.95.4 as far as I can tell.

Paolo