help-smalltalk

Re: [Help-smalltalk] bug in gtk cpp logic in gst

From: MSA or SJF
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] bug in gtk cpp logic in gst
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 09:30:28 -0700 (PDT)

--- Robert Collins <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-09-06 at 07:44 -0700, MSA or SJF wrote:
> >
> > I've just revamped my own efforts to work with
> stock
> > 2.1.8, but not yet uploaeded them. If I upload
> them
> > this evening, I'd love it if you'd take a look.
>
> Oh! I did not realise there were other efforts in
> play.. I've only been
> working with whats in de tarballs. What approach
> have you taken? I
> liberally copied the blox-tx source Blox*.st to gtk/
> and have been
> modifing in place to get things going. The goal
> being /no/ changes to
> Browser/*.st (and failing that, only changes that
> make browser use a
> more generic interface, with matching changes to
> blox-tk).

Well, my objective is different - I'm not trying to
port the Tk environment to Gtk, although I definitely
think that is a worthwhile project. I was trying to
get an IDE up and running as fast as possible so that
I could code up a different project.

It needs a rewrite that I really don't have time for,
but I'd like to pass on the lessons learned.

> (cc'd back to the list to keep the thread going).

Thank you - my reply was also meant to be to the list.

Mike