help-smalltalk

Re: [Help-smalltalk] quirk in the build system: overwritespackages.xml

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] quirk in the build system: overwritespackages.xml
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 19:24:02 +0200

Since we're overhauling the PackageLoader, let's do this thing right.  I
seem to recall it is because it failed to find a packages.xml file in the
parent of the kernel directory... I'll see to fix it in a less hackish way.

It is easy to do actually. Since we created packages.xml specially in the dist-hook target, we can create it at configuration time in $srcdir, accounting for the special case of checking out from CVS (which is the only time when you are allowed to write to the srcdir per the current GNU program standards).

BTW I've now implemented <namespace> and "gst -f", I only have to review the changes from the previous beta before I can roll it. I'll announce it here and on freshmeat.

Paolo