help-smalltalk

[Help-smalltalk] Re: [bug] Dead I18N.Encoders.Iconv instances are not co

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Re: [bug] Dead I18N.Encoders.Iconv instances are not collected
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 21:52:11 +0200

or 'UTF-8' or whatever.  Watch I18N.Encoders.Iconv instanceCount, which
implies they aren't getting collected, although they appear to be
finalized and removed from the finalizableObjects set, including being
wiped out from the indexed instvars.

But they are not removed from ObjectMemory's dependents. Though, making every such instance a dependent of ObjectMemory is pretty dumb anyway. Fixed in the attached patch.

Paolo
* looking for address@hidden/smalltalk--devo--2.2--patch-599 to compare with
* comparing to address@hidden/smalltalk--devo--2.2--patch-599