help-smalltalk

[Help-smalltalk] Re: [bug] doc build fails when Blox isn't available

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Re: [bug] doc build fails when Blox isn't available
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 02:39:46 -0700

Issue status update for http://smalltalk.gnu.org/project/issue/103 Post a follow up: http://smalltalk.gnu.org/project/comments/add/103

Project:      GNU Smalltalk
Version:      <none>
Component:    Build
Category:     bug reports

I know this is a regression from 2.3.x where you didn't need all
packages in order to build documentation.  The problem is that
Stephen's patch is a workaround, which "fixes" the problem by not
building the documentation at all.  If my build configuration changed,
and the patch was in, I might start making distributions with
incomplete .texi files (unless I noticed it).

The right way to fix it could be to use gst-package to extract the list
of files, instead of relying on the .star file.  For example, using the
output of

$(GST_PACKAGE) $(top_srcdir)/packages/blox/tk/package.xml
--list-files=BloxTK | sed s,^,-f

as command line flags to gst-doc.