help-smalltalk

[Help-smalltalk] GNU Smalltalk Windows Installer (Beta)

From: Canol Gokel
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] GNU Smalltalk Windows Installer (Beta)
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 18:07:40 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

I prepared an experimental Windows installer for GNU Smalltalk. It installs
version 3.0b to your computer with Blox package. Other packages are not
installed. It is supposed to add gst.exe and gst-blox.exe to your Path
environment variable but it may not so you may need to add them by yourself.

You can download it from:

http://www.canol.info/smalltalk/setup.exe

As I said it is just experimental and aims beginner users who are not able to
compile GST with MinGW as it is a little hard. The directory structure it
creates is little bit ugly.

Known issues:

 - Sometimes it does not set the path environment variable.
 - It does not remove the gst path from path environment variable.
 - gst.exe crashes whenever your program has errors.
 - Although it is spyware-free (tested in Ultimate Canol Gökel Labs), I am not
responsible for any other harm to your computer.

I hope it will be useful for the Windows users.