help-smalltalk

[Help-smalltalk] Re: profiling for gst

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Re: profiling for gst
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 10:13:11 +0100

> Is there a script to convert old syntax to new one? I write in old
> syntax but I think it need be consistant with the rest of the kernel
> files.

Yes, there is gst-convert (has --help option).  But you can start
posting the code in old syntax.

> 1, treat block calls the same as method calls.
> 2, pretend block calls do not exist and account the cost in blocks to
> their defining methods.
> Right now I am doing 2 because I think it is the lesser of 2 evils. Any
> thoughts?

It sounds like you have both implemented?  If so, adding an option
--separate-blocks would be the best.  Without seeing results, I cannot
make up my mind but I guess having only (2) at the beginning would be ok.

Paolo