help-smalltalk

[Help-smalltalk] Re: Gtk Blox tip

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Re: Gtk Blox tip
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 16:49:09 +0100

> When I try to debug gst with gdb I've got this segfault :

> 0x00007fb251f16f0b in _gst_dictionary_add (dictionaryOOP=0x2b203f3d2030,
> associationOOP=0x2b203f3dc3d0) at dict.c:1877
> 1877          SET_ASSOCIATION_VALUE (associationOOP, value);

Oops, I should really document this somewhere (or maybe it is :-)
documented).  You need to do

  handle SIGSEGV noprint

at the beginning of the session, so that the SIGSEGV's are passed
properly to the generational GC.

This is done automatically if you're in the build tree (see .gdbinit
file), but if you debug an installed gst you need to do it manually.

But I think it's easier to use G_SLICE=debug-blocks and see what happens.

Oh, by the way, did you know that I have an "omnibrowser" branch in my
repository with OB-Core and OB-GTK already ported?

Paolo