help-smalltalk

Re: [Help-smalltalk] GNU Smalltalk 3.2 released

From: Roland Plüss
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] GNU Smalltalk 3.2 released
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 21:13:03 +0200

On 05/04/2010 08:50 PM, Bèrto ëd Sèra wrote:
> What about making an overlay for gst? So we can manage it ourselves
> and they can rely on us without giving us the keys to the main engine
> :) I can volunteer space and hopefully some work in the next weeks,
> too.
>
> Bèrto
>
> On 4 May 2010 16:52, Roland Plüss <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> Well, have you tried the Gentoo bugtracker? You can certainly not force
>>> someone to care about GNU Smalltalk, if you like Gentoo and want GNU
>>> Smalltalk to be present you can certainly become a Gentoo Maintainer. :)
>>>
>>> holger
>>>

>> Certainly not. You can't become a maintainer just like that. Besides I
>> got already prior in conflict with them neglecting problems by placing
>> the blame on others. Besides it's not about forcing to care. They masked
>> all GNU Smalltalk ebuilds because of a problem which had been fixed!
>> That's nonsense. A maintainer is there to maintain a package. So no
>> forcing to care, that's his job.
>>
>> Concerning the bug tracker I did not get out something useful.
Been there, done that. It's a fucking pain in the but for both those
providing an overlay ebuild and those using it. Not because of the tech
itself as layman works well enough it's because of gentoo people. If you
want to you can do it but not we me, no thanks. I had my fair share of
overlay drama and don't want to do this again. Gentoo is the linux
distro equivalent of a dictatorship nowadays.

--
Yours sincerely
Plüss Roland

Leader and Head Programmer