help-smalltalk

[Help-smalltalk] gnu-smalltalk.pc and pkglibdir

From: Stefan Schmiedl
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] gnu-smalltalk.pc and pkglibdir
Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 21:52:40 +0200

On Fri, 07 May 2010 15:24:51 +0200
Roland Plüss <address@hidden> wrote:

> So everybody up with GenToo and GNU Smalltalk have a go at it. I get the
> update on portage first tomorrow so I can't test before that.

gst comes with some file called gnu-smalltalk.pc, used by pkg-config:

prefix = /usr/local
exec_prefix = ${prefix}
libdir = ${exec_prefix}/lib
moduledir = ${pkglibdir}
includedir = ${prefix}/include

Name: gnu-smalltalk
Version: 3.1
Libs: -L${libdir} -lgst -lrt -lm
Cflags: -I${includedir}

The variable pkglibdir is not defined, which causes pkg-config --list-all to
fail,
which caused all kinds of _other_ packages to not build on my gentoo box.

This is also true for the most recent git version that I have on my box:

commit 4c508c1f70936294836f99ded5ceb292e9f3c830
Author: Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden>
Date:   Sun May 2 09:33:51 2010 +0200

That was almost as much fun to track down as finding out why oocalc
reported 10 to be the sum of 5.

fun times,
s.