help-smalltalk

Re: [Help-smalltalk] Is PeekableStream available in 3.1?

From: Rick Flower
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Is PeekableStream available in 3.1?
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 10:04:04 -0700

On Thu, 20 May 2010 19:00:05 +0200, Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 18:04, Rick Flower <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Paolo,
>>
>> The reason I was subclassing that class was to add in the missing (at
>> least
>> in gst 3.1) PositionableStream class so I could use the upToAll method
>> on a
>> pipe..
>
> #upToAll: is implemented in Stream, so it is usable in either Stream
> or PeekableStream or PositionableStream or anything else. :-)

Thanks Paolo.. In looking at both GST 3.1 and 3.2 I see that the
PositionableStream class is in fact implemented.. Go figure!  I'm not
sure what I must have been searching for yesterday as I didn't see if
when I looked.. Perhaps I had a brain fart and was looking for
something like "PositionalStream" which is wrong.. Oh well.. I'll calm
down next time and do a more thorough search!!