help-smalltalk

[Help-smalltalk] Traits

From: Gwenael Casaccio
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Traits
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 11:46:03 +0200

Hi,

I've made an implementation of the traits: Traits are a simple composition
mechanism for structuring object-oriented programs. A Trait is essentially a
parameterized set of methods; it serves as a behavioral building block for
classes and is the primitive unit of code reuse. With Traits, classes are
still organized in a single inheritance hierarchy, but they can make use of
Traits to specify the incremental difference in behavior with respect to their
superclasses.

This is a young version: so the traits don't have state (In my first prototype
they have it). That's pretty easy to add and the next step on my to do list.

git://github.com/MrGwen/gst-traits.git

Cheers,
Gwen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trait_%28computer_science%29