help-smalltalk

Re: [Help-smalltalk] Symbol equals String?

From: Lukas Renggli
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Symbol equals String?
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 10:39:00 +0200

> I'm trying to get PetitParser working on GNU Smalltalk and one bug I
> encountered was that in Sequeak "abc" = #abc is true, but false in GST.
>
> Anyone knows what ANSI Smalltalk says about that?

I don't think that ANSI says anything about that, but the behavior of
Pharo/Squeak is definitely a portability issue with other Smalltalk.
I've already fixed a few occurrences of this problem together with
Paolo a few months ago. Unfortunately this problem is kind of hard to
detect from Pharo and a new one must have creeped in.

So let me know where exactly the problem occurs and I can try to commit a fix.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch