help-smalltalk

Re: [Help-smalltalk] GNU Smalltalk 3.3 development opened

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] GNU Smalltalk 3.3 development opened
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 09:13:28 +0100

On 01/15/2011 07:48 PM, Gwenaël Casaccio wrote:
Hi Paolo,

Great news ;-)

Could I add some ideas:

- moving from VisualGST to GST package/namespace/class/method fileout;

- Again improving VisualGST ;-)

These are kind of separate from GST, though. I see VisualGST as a mostly separate project which is however embedded in GST.

- moving some Gtk improvments  (GtkMainwindow/Model/...) from
VisualGST to a gtk-tools package;

Yes, that would be a good idea. I would like to see a cleaner correspondance between the VisualGST Gtk classes and MVC/MVP, though.

- Class builder to continue my shape refactoring (not the most
important part but it's a nice refactoring);

- string cow;

Good ideas.

- Add a new shape: large oop (b-tree);

Can you expand?

- Remote Smalltalk;

Another one : today I've worked on the STInSt package (to support the
environment) and though why can't I do that
in VisualGST : this is dangerous if I break it I could break VisualGST
that uses it. This is just like a neuro-surgeon that operates it self
^^.
Something like copying or versionned namespaces could be nice.

That's something you could do with "Remote Smalltalk" too, no?

Paolo