help-smalltalk

Re: [Help-smalltalk] Student smalltalk programming project

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Student smalltalk programming project
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 08:30:27 +0100

On 02/06/2011 02:09 PM, Spirital wrote:

Hello everyone :)
I am a 1st computer science student, and i have only been working with C++,
so excuse me for my incompetence.
Recently i got a Smalltalk language project assigned to me, and seeing as i
am new to the programming community, until recently i had no idea that such
a language as Smalltalk existed, much less know how to code it. I have to
code a program that computes 1^2 + 2^2 + 3^2 + .... + n^2 and i have no idea
of how such code should look like in Smalltalk. Can anyone please give me
the source code, or some directions on how to code it, because i really am a
newcommer to the language and i have very limited time to start learning it
from scratch. Any help would be appreciated, and thank you for your time :).

"Help" in the name of this mailing list doesn't mean "Help with homework".

Look up how to do loops in your notes, it should be enough.

Paolo

ps: Anybody posting source code for the above homework apart from the OP will be instantly banned from the mailing list.