help-smalltalk

Re: [Help-smalltalk] STInST Parser and parsing Glut (and other code)

From: Holger Hans Peter Freyther
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] STInST Parser and parsing Glut (and other code)
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 13:13:24 +0200

On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 12:45:09PM +0200, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

> GPPlot is something that you add to a GNUPlot instance.  I guess we have
> to fix the problem, we cannot do the same as Cairo.

How do you define the semantic?

Namespace current: GNUPlot [
        Object subclass: GNUPlot [
                Foo := nil.

                foo [
                        ^GNUPlot.Foo
                ]

                bla [
                        ^Foo
                ]
        ]

        Object subclass: SomethingPlog [
                foo [
                        ^GNUPlot.Foo
                ]
        ]

        Object subclass: Foo [

        ]
]

 >>#bla and >>#foo the bytecode appears to be:

    [3] source code line number 2
        push Global Variable #Foo->nil
    [5] return stack top

Which means foo is resolved at runtime that one can never access
a class variable?

holger