help-snakecharmer

[Help-SnakeCharmer] hereditary

From: Jerome Macias
Subject: [Help-SnakeCharmer] hereditary
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 21:03:14 -0700

The moment was not propitious for following her,since Grimpus was looking at me. Besides, Iliked the notion; it would be a good story to tell Archie. It was portentouslysolemn, but I thought I saw a twinkle in the eye. The Virginia creeper wassound, and in less than a minute I was outside Aunt Letitiaswindow. I protested again that he was mistaken, but I might as well haveappealed to a post. I dinna hold wi lockin folksup because a pernicketty doctor says theyre no wise. Evidently Brumbys doings had got about, and there were suspicionsof his sanity. He had a lot of badinage with Zenobia about her life inthe desert. But that was all in darkness, and I guessed that the windows wereshuttered. In less than twenty minutes I had reachedthe gate in the wall by which I had entered. It was aswell that I had made a plan with Aunt Letitia. I waspretty certain that my horse had long ago made a bee-line for theLarristane stables. I put the pipe away, and wondered what lunatic asylum I hadwandered into. He had a lot of badinage with Zenobia about her life inthe desert. After that I took off mycoat and worked like a beaver. I had to take two pills and some horrid drops outof a brown bottle. I crept out of my refuge and found the old man regarding mesolemnly under the swinging lamp. Brown, he began solemnly,which I didna altogether believe. Miggles orders are positive that you restto-day. Ive had enough of this sun-bath, I told him, and I feel aheadache coming. I put the pipe away, and wondered what lunatic asylum I hadwandered into. Yedbetter seek the ither side o the road among the bracken. For a moment I had a horrid suspicion that he knew me, for theyused to call me Brummy at school. At nine oclock I shallhave my window open, and if you enter by it you can leave by thedoor. She was dozing, andmercifully did not see me. There was nobody in theWynd but some children playing, and the odds were four to one.