help-snakecharmer

[Help-SnakeCharmer] proletarian bell-bottoms

From: Cecily Dixon
Subject: [Help-SnakeCharmer] proletarian bell-bottoms
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 21:07:47 +0300

Scarlett said nothing but her eyes glittered and her heartcontracted with a little pain. Be mine, beautiful female, or I will reveal all?
After all, she was here, not for the Cause, butbecause she was tired of sitting home.
When I stop making money out of it, Ill quit.
How closely women crutch the very chains that bind them! No, after all it wasbetter to marry and keep your self-respect even if you never hadany more fun. Your husbands are here tonight, I trust, on this happy occasion? And all her life she had enjoyedthe center of the stage. He didnt even diein a fine glow of gallantry in battle, so she could brag abouthim. Scarlett knew, as no one did, how much it meant to her. But howmuch more beautiful is sacrifice than all the gold and gems of theInd. Every woman present wasblazing with an emotion she did not feel.
Why, every girl here is wearing dresses you brought in.
Sothat was who poor Charles Hamiltons widow was carrying on with! Shed probably never get a chance toshow them again.
His were doubly confusing because she had a vague idea there wastruth in them.
But howmuch more beautiful is sacrifice than all the gold and gems of theInd.
He shouted orders and half ofthe Company fell into line. Scarlett was so startled she could not even move.
Scarletttiptoed above the crowd and saw the captain of the militiamounting the orchestra platform.
Silks for the ladies and tea andsugar were hard to get, but that was something to joke about. Nothing like this has ever been done before.
And neitherexpression was lost on the man who stood beside them.
She remained sitting with her chin in her hands, her eyes widewith astonishment. It was almostas if he overdid his courtesy because his contempt for everybodypresent was so great. If he was any other man inthe world I could simply freeze up and order him off. He didnt even diein a fine glow of gallantry in battle, so she could brag abouthim. If he was any other man inthe world I could simply freeze up and order him off. She saw thedoctor lean down from the platform and whisper something to RhettButler.
Then he grinned to himself as herecognized the invitation that any male could read.
How could anything but overwhelming victory come to aCause as just and right as theirs? The chaperons corner was in tumult and Mrs.
She was seventeen yearsold and her feet were patting the floor, wanting to skip anddance.
I stood there in the doorway before you saw me and I watchedyou, he said.
Then he had to dry your eyes and usually he proposed, toshow just how much he did respect you.