help-snakecharmer

[Help-SnakeCharmer] publisher striker

From: Mirabel Higgins
Subject: [Help-SnakeCharmer] publisher striker
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 13:21:54 -0700

He had walkedmiles through the slush, worrying. Every man he knew was present, their gaping mouths drippingquestion-marks, grinning or doubtful.
Turned to me like I was an All-American preacher! Think of the joy of being rid of all those nasty little sinsthat youve felt so ashamed of! No, gee, Judson, I guess you got me trimmed!
Oh, modestly, I cant hardly call them mine, Professor.
Elmer gave in with a furious:Well, then, why didnt you say something while he was here?
What glory for Old Terwillinger and all the shrines ofGritzmacher Springs! All I have to do is just to carry my littlevalise across the street.
He had but little to do with what he said. You know Ive only been up here at the college once before.
Hedrowsed through page on page of Ingersolls rhetoric and jesting.
Only for a moment, while he was copying, did he look doubtful;then:Rats!
Elmer had a playful custom of squeezing peoples hands till theycracked. All mylife Ive sorrowed, Ive waited, Ive prayed and now I shant eversorrow again! And he just couldnt stand it if he didntbecome a friend of yours.
Elmers embarrassment was gliding into a robust self-satisfaction. Aw now, Hell-cat, dont go calling him names!
Think of the joy of being rid of all those nasty little sinsthat youve felt so ashamed of! He read about your tacklingin the London Times. It shines upon the cradle of the babe, and shedsits radiance upon the quiet tomb.
Five minutes later Elmer would not have had a seat down front. Turned to me like I was an All-American preacher!
Youll admit helooks like some football shark. Here Prexy had said he was the whole cheese: gotten up a bigmeeting for him.
He lighted the largest lamp and turned it up full, his back to Jim.
I never heard a betterexhibition of bunco-steering in my life. It shines upon the cradle of the babe, and shedsits radiance upon the quiet tomb.
Hed take the firsttext he turned to and talk on that. How hed saved a tough kid,just as good as Judson Roberts could do.
Oh, Lordy, Lordy, Lordy, I wish I had agood job selling real estate! I THOUGHT, ElmerGantry, you werent supposed to smoke in Terwillinger! Whydont you pinch your first sermon from the heathen? Jim shied a thin book at him, and sank again into infidel sleep.