help-snakecharmer

[Help-SnakeCharmer] idealism

From: Valentine Molina
Subject: [Help-SnakeCharmer] idealism
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 23:04:49 +0300

And shall I be any better at home here leading theHouse?
Have they not stonedme in the streets for saying it? I was in the House yesterdayuntil three in the morning; and my brains are just so much tripe. The counsel men agree withis vain: it is only the echo of their own voices. You soldiers never understand thedifficulties a statesman has to contend with. Her age isunknown; but she is made up to pass as reasonably young andattractive. All greatArt and Literature is propaganda.
Beware how you kill athought that is new to you. Leave out cruelty: all government is cruel; for nothing isso cruel as impunity. All youll hear is a noise like awatchmans rattle.
A million echoeswill not help you to rule righteously. Itonly encourages them to write them up like that.
You are a more dangerous fellow than I thought. Put down in a separate line, inred capitals, One man one wife. You mean that truth is a correspondence between word andfact. Terrordrives men mad: hope and faith give them divine wisdom.
What ought I to know better than mostmen? Dealing with the unemployedis not a soldiers job; and I was a soldier.
So that Satan may find mischief still for idle hands todo. I believehe is right: a bit of sentiment about the family always goes downwell.
Will there be any Hindus or Mahometans present? He was not onlyallowed but challenged to defend himself. Do not be so ungrateful as to answer mein dead ones. The law forbids obscenity,sedition, and blasphemy.
Sir Arthur can hardly be much less than fifty; but his naturalbuoyancy makes him look younger.
Call him what you will: he is still OurFather.
Im devilishly busy; butyou are always welcome to your ten minutes. It is that which a man must tell even if he be stoned orcrucified for telling it.
Remember: this is a National Government,not a party one. For I am a patrician andtherefore myself a man of quality; and hawks should not pick outhawks eyes. Thirty years inParliament and ten on the Front Bench would drive any man dotty. Sir Broadfoot Basham has come over from Scotland Yard.
Well, I know that: I have not yet become a completeidiot.
Then you are defying your father and mother.
The streets will be clear before twelve oclock. He has an orators voice ofpleasant tone; and his manners are very genial.