help-source-highlight

Re: [Help-source-highlight] postscript style for source-hightlight

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [Help-source-highlight] postscript style for source-hightlight
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 11:20:24 +0100

address@hidden wrote:
Hi

Hi Jeff and welcome to the list

I recently discovered source-highlight, it appears to be a very useful
program. However, when using the postscript.lang as a source language, it doesn't
handle % within strings (%) correctly.

so (%) is to be considered as a string?
in particular everything between ( and ) should be considered as a string?

eg, the following is treated as a comment and print is highlighted as
such, where instead because % is inside ( ) it should be treated as part
of a string. (%) print
I first tried adding "string = '\(.*\)'" to postscript.lang, this
suceeded in highlighting strings correctly, but % inside ( ) was still
making the rest of the line a comment.

mhh... probably because your definition comes after the definition of % comment?

I tried changing comment start "%" to comment start "(\(.*\))*(?=)%" but
this appears to be wrong, as source-highlight prints the following:

source-highlight: /usr/include/boost/shared_ptr.hpp:253: T*
boost::shared_ptr<T>::operator->() const [with T = RegExpFormatter]:
Assertion `px != 0' failed.
Aborted

yes probably this generates a regular expression that's wrong...

Are there any gurus able to assist?

Although I don't know postscript I can try to fix this problem.

I'd need an input test file (in postscript) with % used in several context, i.e., when it should be treated as a comment and some examples of valid postscript strings (for instance, can ( ) strings be nested? can ( or ) be escaped?)

hope to hear from you soon
cheers
        Lorenzo

P.S. yesterday I released 2.6 of source-highlight

--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DSI, Univ. di Firenze
ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)