help-source-highlight

Re: [Help-source-highlight] problem building sources for insall in $HOME

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [Help-source-highlight] problem building sources for insall in $HOME as non-root user
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 22:07:59 +0100

Britton Kerin wrote:
Install as ordinary user seems to work fine now thanks.

great!
I'll release 2.11.1 soon (at the moment I'm working on providing also a library together with source-highlight so probably the next major release will be... actually major ;-)

One little thing that I think is a doc issue: it seems that when
--gen-references=inline is given, but there end up being multiple
tags, then the inline style is not used but instead the tags are
listed under the reference.  This makes sense but it should probably
be mentioned in the docs about --gen-references.

it is, actually: http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite/source-highlight.html#Generating-References

"There is an exception: when an element has more than one reference (because a variable is defined in many sources or because a method is overloaded) then if inline is specified, the generation switches to postline for that occurrence. "

If you would enjoy seeing source-highlight helping with a sort of
runtime case grapher/source browser thing that I wrote to help get a
handle
on our operational system, take a look at this:

http://brittonkerin.com/src_browser/trace_out/source_browser.html

hey that's awesome!
is it an open source system/software that you intend to release?
that's very interesting, indeed!

hope to hear from you soon
cheers
        Lorenzo