help-source-highlight

Re: [Help-source-highlight] Compilation failures using qmake + mingw / m

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [Help-source-highlight] Compilation failures using qmake + mingw / msvc
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 00:30:19 +0100

Lorenzo Bettini wrote:
Hi

I'm working on this, and solving the autoconf generated files and defines in the .pro files, it's taking me some time.

Hope to have something ready soon :)

OK, I made it, at least I can successfully build both source-highlight and source-highlight-qt under Linux with qmake, you can find these source tar balls here:

http://gdn.dsi.unifi.it/~bettini/binaries/source-highlight-qmake-3.1.2.tar.gz
http://gdn.dsi.unifi.it/~bettini/binaries/source-highlight-qt-qmake-0.2.tar.gz

I still haven't tried that on windows 'cause I need some sleep now :)

Note that you still need to rely on boost_regex, so make sure it's in your path or at least use INCPATH and LIBS appropriately when running qmake (you might want to reuse the binary version of boost_regex lib and related include in the binary package I built yesterday).

As for the installation, the same directory layout is used, but of course you can tweak it with

INSTALL_ROOT=<myroot> make install

Of course, install source-highlight first, and then build and install source-highlight-qt accordingly.

Please, try this on windows (I'll try that tomorrow), and you might probably have to pass some other arguments to qmake to use it with msvc (as I said I don't have that).

We'll probably have to deal with some warnings msvc will issue (I guess).

In any case, I strongly suggest you not to build them with dll (use CONFIG+=static), at least as a first attempt.

If you modify the .pro files, please use conditionals in there (and please send them back to me).

IMPORTANT: as for now, source-highlight comes with an hardcoded path for searching for its lang files (and other files): /usr/local/share/source-highlight, so you might want to install it using the prefix /usr/local:

INSTALL_ROOT=/usr/local make install

If you install it in a different root path, then, remember to run source-highlight-settings first so that you can specify a different data path (and it will store it in your personal configuration for you, once and for all).

hope to hear from you soon
good night
        Lorenzo

P.S. I've been thinking for a long time to provide a conditional compilation strategy so that source-highlight itself can use QRegExp instead of boost regex, but this will require some more work (and reengineering of some parts of source-highlight) and I cannot do that immediately. :)

ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)
http://www.myspace.com/supertrouperabba
http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengen http://doublecpp.sourceforge.net