help-source-highlight

[Help-source-highlight] Nestable background colors for Lisp code

From: Paulo Henrique Torrens
Subject: [Help-source-highlight] Nestable background colors for Lisp code
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 14:16:03 +0000

Hi,

I have quickly made a code highlighter in PHP for a huge project (which handles several programming languages, including some domain specific languages created for the project), but it got too slow for big files (as expected, since I didn't put much effort)... but I don't have time to rewrite it taking care of speed.

So I am intending to migrate to source-highlight, which seemed a really good alternative, but I have a problem:

Here is a screenshot of a Common Lisp code highlighted by my code: http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/2706/capturadetela20130303s1.png

This would also be useful for for highlighting regexes' subexpressions.

I know I cannot achieve this result with source-highlight, but... are you open to some extensions to make such effect? Any suggestion for the syntax for the language files to make such a thing?

I could then write the patch, if necessary.

Thanks.