help-stow

Re: [Help-stow] stow tests fail on opensuse 12.1

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: Re: [Help-stow] stow tests fail on opensuse 12.1
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 17:38:25 +0000

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 1:03 PM, Sebastian Mattheis
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello stow-helpers,
>
> I'm not totally new to stow and linux, but I'm not able to install stow on
> my OpenSuse 12.1 .
>
> The problem is simple: The stow tests fail. If i still do 'make install' the
> binaries don't work.

Hi Sebastian,

For the test suite to work, you need the Test::More and Test::Output
CPAN modules installed.  I have improved the INSTALL instructions to
cover this, and it will be in the next release (2.1.1).

Having said that, I'm not sure why the binaries don't work after `make
install'.  Please reply to this with the output of `stow --version' if
you are still having problems.

Thanks,
Adam