help-stow

Re: [Help-stow] Could you please let stow support create symlink using a

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: Re: [Help-stow] Could you please let stow support create symlink using absolute path?
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 13:11:44 +0000

Hi Hongyi,

On 12 March 2017 at 10:43, Hongyi Zhao wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
> I'd like to use stow to manage some customized systemd service files
> out of the default locations.  For this case, I must use absolute path
> to create symlink
>  for these services files which is a spec / requirement of systemd.
>
> So, could you please let stow support creating symlinks using absolute path?

Thanks for the feature request.  I'd like to understand it better.  Is
it similar to https://github.com/aspiers/stow/issues/3 ?  It would
help me a lot if you could give a concrete example with the exact paths
of the stow directory, target directory, and files within the Stow
package(s).

I'm copying this to the help-stow list in case there are other users
interested in this.  Out of respect for your privacy I've kept your
email address in Bcc, but I'd prefer to continue this discussion on
the public list if you don't mind, so that others can benefit from it.

Thanks,
Adam