help-sweater

[Help-sweater] gurgling

From: Felicia Stuart
Subject: [Help-sweater] gurgling
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 00:04:55 +0900

I walked over to Jim, and laid him on it. After that they settled down into a slow, measured rhythmfilled with implacable menace.
Dara was no lying traitor, but asoldier, and fighting in Sirk or elsewhere was part of her trade. I will keep you only a little time, Dwayanu. She bent her head, thinking, then looked at me with clear eyes, andsmiled. I listeneddrowsily, and sank back to sleep. There would be little trouble incaring for them in that immense place. She said, tonelessly:I wish you had never come here.
So you want no war with the little yellow dogs?
Itwas crowded with soldiers and captives. No, she would not be at theLake of the Ghosts.
There lay the soldier women, alseep, but not Evalie. That was true enough, but I read the malice in it.
Send word through the drums that he may come as soonas he can.
She looked back at me, brown eyes cold,implacable.
Later we will talk of that other message, Evalie. The witch-lights flickered in her eyes; a flash of green shone throughthem.
Twice he had tried treacherously to kill me. She walked away, through thecurtain, but not before I had seen the tears on her cheeks.
We ask youonly this: waste neither words nor time on Tibur.
The Witch-womans control broke at that, all the long pent-up fires ofher wrath bursting forth.
He looked at me in the friendliest fashion.
That the Rrrllya had noquarrel with them, who were but meat for Khalkru. I ran back to my own room, and to its door. I do not think those with him will dare attack me. Let us bring them where they can talk with Evalie and with us two.
And here Dara pressed again until that wallopened. Some sound inthe chamber had roused me, of that I was sure. Then we can sleep this night withoutthe drums disturbing you. And you must guard yourself well, for thenobles hate you, Dwayanu.
I sat up in the bed, even thrust a leg out to rise.
Icould not think, much less plan what I was going to do after I had gotback to Karak.