help-tar

[Help-tar] How do I create a tar file similar to a sample tar file?

From: Sean Ansari
Subject: [Help-tar] How do I create a tar file similar to a sample tar file?
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2014 16:18:45 -0800

> Hmmm, 'tar.md5'?

Yes. This seems to be somewhat unique to how Samsung phones accept images. I have not had too much luck finding out exactly what this format is. I even posted to the groups in sites that made the tar files.

  $ cp your.tar your.tar.md5
  $ md5sum your.tar >> your.tar.md5

I tried it; my device does not seem to like it. Like you said I need to look at the content of the files. As of now, I don't know how to do this. I'll check the manual and the section you mentioned about blocking factor. If there is any other topic I need to focus on, please let me know. Thank you so much for the help.