help-tar

Re: [Help-tar] Exitcodes when creating archives

From: Benibr
Subject: Re: [Help-tar] Exitcodes when creating archives
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 16:19:59 +0200

On 2015-05-12 14:51, Pavel Raiskup wrote:
On Monday 11 of May 2015 21:02:11 Benibr wrote:
 I also read the (patched) sourcecode and didn't find any part which
 says something else.  However I couln't figure out how to proof that.

To proof the situations when tar returns 1 are acceptable, you should grep
sources for TAREXIT_DIFFERS usage (in src/ subdirectory):
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/tar.git/tree/src

I already did that and it seems to be fine for my requirements.

But there is a patched segment in src/misc.c at line 1084 in 'stat_diag'. I backtraced the 'stat_error' function over lib/pacerror.c to lib/paxlib.h but I neither understand if it actually throws an exitcode nor when the function should be called.

Thanks very much for your help so far!

Regards,
Benibr