help-tar

Re: [Help-tar] How to skip checks that use large files?

From: Pavel Raiskup
Subject: Re: [Help-tar] How to skip checks that use large files?
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2018 08:57:42 +0100

Hello Jeffrey,

On Tuesday, February 6, 2018 5:11:57 AM CET Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> I'm building tar from sources. Before 'make install' I run 'make
> check'. We are seeing some [expected] failures due to small SDcards
> that don't have the space to accommodate large files.
>
> I don't have a good definition of what it means to be large. Some of
> my IoT gadgets only have 250 MB of free space. Tests like 140 "storing
> sparse files > 8G" and 142 "listing sparse files bigger than 2^33 B"
> don't make a lot of sense for me.
>
> Ifs there a way to configure/test without the large file tests?

seems like we should tag the space expensive tests by some specific
keyword.  Can you submit a patch to bug-tar list?

Otherwise, you can use `make check TESTSUITEFLAGS="-k !KEYWORD"` where the
KEYWORD can be found in test-case file (e.g. tests/sparse05.at has keyword
'sparse05').  See ./tests/testsuite --help output.

Pavel