help-tar

[Help-tar] Installation instructions not found in version 1.30

From: Vivek Agrawal
Subject: [Help-tar] Installation instructions not found in version 1.30
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 17:51:24 +0530

Hi,

I actually needed functionality of zstd in tar. I observed that recently this has been added into it.
But when I downloaded the tar kit, I found that some files are missing such as INSTALL, Makefile, etc. They were missing in latest release i.e. version 1.30 as well.

They are in .gitignore so they must be skipped by git.

So, my question is how to install the kit without those files?
If you would like, I can contribute as well once I understand the code.

Thanks & Regards,
Vivek Agrawal