more pdf images in pdftex

From: Mark Tigges
Subject: more pdf images in pdftex
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 15:45:52 -0800

I am having a strange problem using @image generating pdf.

I have a bitmap file which I convert to pdf through eps and epstopdf.

Everything looks great the eps is fine, the pdf is fine, both gv and
acroread view perfectly.

Then I try to use it through a @image command in a texinfo file and it
ends up completely mangled in the resulting pdf file.  Mostly black with
white outlines of the major features.

When I created a vector drawing in xfig and then use fig2dev to create a
pdf to use for pdftex everything is fine.  The problem seems to occur
only when I wish to use a raster image.

I even tried to import a raster into xfig save a fig file and the use
fig2dev on that file to create the pdf ... no dice.

Does anybody know what might be wrong?

Thanks,
Mark.