Re: can't convert radius info files for printing

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: can't convert radius info files for printing
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 17:23:35 +0300 (IDT)

On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Paul Doxey wrote:

> I am trying to print the Gnu radius info files.  I've installed texinfo,
> then discovered that I needed teTeX as well.  Now that that is also
> installed, I can't do a texi2dvi.  I get an error message 'pdftex.fmt
> not found'.  I've tried other commands and always get some type of .fmt
> not found error.  What am I missing?  Is there a simpler way to convert
> the .info files into printable format?

You don't say what command did you type, but I'm guessing that you tried
to run texi2dvi on the *.info-* files.  If so, this won't work: texi2dvi
works on the Texinfo sources, not on Info files produced from those
sources.

The Texinfo sources should be in the radius source distribution.  These
are files with a .texi or .texinfo extension.  Normally, there should be
a special target in a Makefile in the same directory for producing a DVI
file, perhaps radius.dvi.  If so, simply type "make radius.dvi" in that
directory, and Make will do the rest.

The DVI files cannot be printed directly: you need to run dvips or dvilj4
on them; both these programs should be part of teTeX.  If your printer
can print PostScript files, I suggest dvips (it's faster); if not, use
dvilj4.  dvips by default sends output to the printer; while dvilj4
leaves it on a file, I think.